Vitamins for hair, nails and skin: inexpensive but effective products￼
The health of hair, nails and skin is affected by poor ecology, unbalanced diet and the rhythmic pace of life in which we have to live. Often the beauty of hair is affected by the lack of vitamins and minerals in the body. In order to replenish them and give your hair a new life, you need to take vitamin complexes that contain all the useful substances. You can buy supplements at the pharmacy, but to select the appropriate vitamins for hair and calculate the correct dosage will only help your doctor.
What vitamins are needed to grow hair, nails and improve skin condition?
Vitamin A eliminates dandruff and hair loss, prevents early aging of the skin, makes hair more elastic. Vitamin E improves the structure of the nails and hair, normalizes blood circulation, which stimulates the active nutrition of the hair follicles. Vitamin PP stimulates hair growth. B vitamins deserve special attention.
- B2 – provides normal nutrition of the hair shaft, prevents splitting of the ends.
- B5 – normalizes blood circulation and sebaceous glands, nourishes hair follicles, eliminates
- the appearance of premature graying;
- B6 – stimulates metabolism, accelerates growth, eliminates inflammation and restores damaged strands;
- B7 or biotin – a source of sulfur, which is involved in collagen production, fights hair loss and eczema;
- B9 or folic acid – stimulates the formation of new cells, speeds up metabolism, and normalizes vascular function;
- B12 – makes curls shiny and thick.
When should I take vitamins for my hair, nails and skin?
- nails begin to peel, turn yellow, and often break;
- nail plates turn bluish;
- cross streaks or white spots appear on the nails;
- dry, flaky, reddened skin;
- the first signs of skin aging appear: facial or neck wrinkles, pigmentation, uneven
- enlarged pores;
- spider veins on the skin;
- hair loss;
- hair becomes over-saturated, brittle, dull;
- dandruff and dry scalp.
When is taking vitamins contraindicated?
- Non-absorption of individual components of the drug by the body;
- Increased functioning of the thyroid gland;
- Hormonal disorders;
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding. In this case, you can not take several drugs with a similar composition. For women in this period, special complexes of drugs have been developed.
What causes affect the poor condition of the skin, hair and nails?
- Polluted environment;
- Lack of a healthy lifestyle – the use of fatty, excessively salty and fried food, alcoholic beverages, smoking, low mobility and lack of exercise;
- Stress, chronic fatigue, lack of sleep, and lack of established routines for work and rest;
- Direct exposure to ultraviolet rays;
- Reduced function of the endocrine glands;
- Hormonal change, which is especially common in women during pregnancy, breastfeeding, and menopause;
- Lack of protein, which is the building material for cells in the human body.
What vitamins to take for hair loss?
Hair loss is a frequent problem in a person who lacks vitamins. Especially men often suffer from baldness. The most essential vitamin against hair loss is biotin, which we have already mentioned above. It allows sulfur to be absorbed faster in the body and normalizes the condition of the hair. The vitamin also helps in the fight against dandruff and scalp flaking. Vitamin E strengthens the hair, and vitamin C gives it elasticity.
Nicotinic acid normalizes metabolism, speeds up blood circulation in the vessels, allowing hair follicles to receive more nutrients and grow faster. The vitamin for hair not only helps with hair loss, but is also suitable for the prevention of the problem.
What doctor should I go to?
Vitamins and vitamin complexes for hair strengthening should be prescribed by your doctor after he or she has conducted an examination and has seen the results of your tests. Lab tests will be able to show exactly which vitamins you lack in order to maintain a healthy body. Initially, you can go to a general practitioner. He will refer you to a specialist if necessary. Hair and scalp problems are dealt with by a trichologist. In some cases, you may need to consult an endocrinologist, neurologist, dermatologist, nutritionist. A specialist will determine what vitamins are needed for the hair and can calculate their required dosage.
How to choose the right vitamins?
Choose vitamin complexes containing trace elements such as zinc, calcium, magnesium, iron. Do not give preference to vitamins that contain fragrances and dyes to protect yourself from allergies.
There are vitamins for hair, nails and skin in different forms: capsules, tablets, ampoules. Capsules are easy to swallow, they are gently absorbed by the body, tablets contain many useful elements, solutions in ampoules are used for injections or masks, quickly delivering the active substance directly to the dermis (for hair and skin).